Sunday, April 8, 2012

"You will find, as you look back on your life, that the moments that stand out are the moments when you have done things for others."- Henry Drummond


This past week I had the opportunity to donate cupcakes to families at the Ronald McDonald House here in Philly. A few months back I saw Bakerella's Burgers and Bees  post and I thought they were so cute; but when would I have the opportunity to make burger cake bites? Well, now, that's when. Once I thought about it a cake ball would be a bit too much to go on top of a cupcake, so I made mini burgers with mini vanilla wafers and chocolate. They came out so cute that I broke out into a dance. The mini burger dance if you will. My daughter was thoroughly embarrassed. I was in love with them and I immediately started thinking of other tiny foods I could make.

Though I didn't get to be there to see the kid's faces when they saw those tiny cheeseburgers, I was satisfied with how much fun I had just making them. They were so cute! I have since rediscovered an old obsession; I love tiny food replicas. 
My mom reminded me that when I was little I would collect those magnets that looked like slices of pie and doughnuts, etc. I think I'll have to revisit that hobby. Thanks Mom.

                                                                                                                                  

Don't they look yummy?


 

 

After realizing my old/new hobby I found this awesome shop on Etsy, and they even had a cupcake!!!



      Until next time :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring my item on your blog!

    ReplyDelete