Sunday, January 31, 2010

Woe is me...

There should be some type of Universal Mommy Award that is given out upon the completion of household stomach virus epidemic. Especially since Mommy will almost always get sick. It should be given in the form of a spa day once she is strong enough to enjoy it. And I think because I just made it up I should be the first recipient of said award. Don't you agree?

This was the worst possible weekend to be stricken down and have no choice but to lie in bed at the mercy of one's husband. (who took very good care of me I might add). BCC had two cupcake orders for this weekend I knew they both wouldn't get done. I had to sacrifice one order and dissapoint one little birthday boy who wanted basketball cupcakes, to let my body work against the evil forces. I will have to make it up to him somehow. I woke up this morning feeling weak, but 75% better than I did yesterday and for business sake I pulled out six dozen mini cupcakes. Surgical mask and all. That was all I had in me. Back the bed I went. In the end, tomorrow is a new day; hopefully I will be 100% by then, because the day time job doesn't stop either.

2 comments: