Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Fashion Week is Coming, Fashion Week is Coming!!!!!

This time of year is so exciting for me. I know that lately I haven't blogged too much about the fashion side of Babycakes Couture, but this time of year I definitely have split personalities. I am perusing the Internet as usual but instead of looking for cupcake inspiration, I try to find anyway to get a sneak peek at this year's looks. It's so exciting to think about all of the worlds greatest designers descending upon New York City to present their vision of Spring 2011 to the world. I cannot wait for the shows. I am so hype for Zac Posen, Lela Rose and of course Vera Wang. Vera is my favorite. I live for wedding gowns and evening wear and Ms. Vera is the reigning queen of wedding and there is no one else above her. Although I have fallen in love love love with Marchesa. I wore Marchesa for my wedding and it was an amazing gown; exactly what I was looking for.
I've loved fashion for as long as I can remember. I made evening gowns for my Barbie dolls. I can even remember being little, going to doctor appointments with my mom and swiping the Harper's Bazaars and Vogue Magazines form the waiting areas. I would get in trouble when we got home, but I didn't care. I would just go in my room and just ogle over page after page of the beautiful fashions. It would be so inspiring, I would whip out my book and start sketching. Oh and when the Bold and the Beautiful first started coming on, and they would release their collections...sooo exciting.
Any way... If you're interested check out Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week to get the scoop on Fashion Week from the schedule of shows to info about the previous years' shows and collections. Next year hopefully i will get approved to attend a few shows as a member of the press or something. Maybe I'll volunteer. Either way I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment