Tuesday, August 17, 2010

If at first you don't succed...

You try, and try again. right? Isn't that what they say. I made my first attempt at a sugar free red velvet cupcake. Hmm, it was well, not good or bad. It baked up much differently than my regular ones do and it baked away from the cupcake liner which was annoying, and it was heavy, like literally heavy when you picked it up. It didn't really taste like much of anything to me. The hubby said it wasn't bad and he is very picky so I guess it was ok. I definitely missed the sugar, it was just kind of flat. My grandmother is not diabetic, but she has been instructed to watch her sugar intake so I did it for her mostly, but people always ask me if I do any sugar free options so I figured I better get on it asap. The first try was not a complete flop, but I know i can do better.
Now the sugar free cream cheese icing... that's another story. It was just bad! Bad I tell you. I think I have my work cut out for me there, but I'm up for the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment