Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Healing Hands...


I had hand surgery on January 16, 2013. Hand surgery when you're an artist is a scary thing.
What if the doc hit a nerve?? What if I could not longer use my hand?? Mind you, this was a minor surgery for Carpel Tunnel Syndrome; something that has been pestering me for the longest time. The more I cupcake, the more my hand and arm hurt. Hopefully in the coming days and weeks, I will begin to feel that the surgery was worth it. As of right now... eh, not so much. My hand is still sore and stiff and with my nerves waking up I have random "sparks" as I like to call them. They hurt! I do see progress though.

Today I baked my first batch since the surgery. It was so good to hear Penny (my mixer) purr and smell that sweet Babycakes scent in the house. It's been a while.Only one batch of blondies today, and it's a good thing because by the time I was half through the icing I started feeling the sparks. Baby steps I guess. I have a bouquet due on Friday so I best get it together.
The next test is piping... the real work.
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment